24.8.06

Where is Chile located?

I saw the Molson beer Campaign "I am Canadian". The main idea is using USA predjudices about Canadians to link Canadian pride with the product. I was thinking about the predjudices that all North Americans (USA and Canadians) have about the South Americans. Basically, lot of people think that Southern Cone is part of Mexico or Cuba.


-I'm not good at dancing. In my national dance, couples dance three meters apart from each other.

-I 'm not a "latin lover:" one woman at a time is enought.

-I live in long country north of Antarctica, you can see desert, glaciars and basically all between excepting tropical. I know the monkeys from pictures and I buy bananas in the market.

-I talk spanish fast and full of idiomatics. If you aren't a native speaker you can't catch my words.

-We dont live in tippees or white-brick houses with horses in front.

-I don't know how to cook "burritos" and "tacos:" ask me about hot dogs, küchen or barbeques, for me "tacos" are high heels and "burritos" are donkeys.

-Yes, my country is located south of Mexico, south of Artic, south of Canada and south of the States too (remember, Mexico is part of North America).

-I live near Argentina, Bolivia and Peru, not Cuba, South Africa, Morocco or Laos.

-My police don't ask you for money. If you offer them money you will probably receive as reward a trip to a Chilean jail .


-You can find Chileans living In every country in this world. However, it's very hard to identify Chileans if they don't open their mouths and course.

-We are patriots and very kind with tourist too, but you have to realize that we are serious and sad people. It is a country to visit if you want to see amazing landscapes. For parties, go to Brazil.

-And finally my name is Johan and I Am Chilean!!!




Are you interested?
Take a look.

5 comentarios:

BiGMaN dijo...

Sad people? Maybe we aren't gay people, and maybe we're a little bit lazy, but sad it isn't what we are.

But the thing is... these are things that gringos think 'bout all latinos, not chileans in particular.

They don't even know that we exist, and i don't blame them... i don't now where laos is, or most africans countrys either.

It's just that they don't care. and why they should care anyways?

Nervio dijo...

Cause that if we made te attemp to improve the tourist bussines it is necessary to remark the differences with laos ... pos hombre

and we are, in big numbers Sad people 54 % of us are depressive, you cannot find similar numbers in other countries, including countries in war.

foton dijo...

Exelente video !!
Demuestra lo lindo que es nuestro terruño. Y lo cordiales que somos con nuestros invitados.
Abriendo fronteras.
Un abrazo.

Nervio dijo...

Es importante mostrar el pais cuando uno esta afuera, la ignorancia cierra puertas a los negocios y a los intercambios. Basicamente si nos asocian con cuba o mexico perdemos oportunidades con los turistas y hombres de negocios correctos. el cono sur, incluyendo a Chile, tiene una historia diferente a centroamerica y los paises andinos, ni mejor ni peor, diferente.

Mauricio "The Dreamer" dijo...

I lived in the U.S. for a long, long time, and I can feel you with regards to the perception that some people has about south american countries, it does upset me since I do know where Laos is and even if I wouldn't know, if I get to know someone from a small country, I will try to find out as much information about that person's country. I remember how once someone asked me in what part of Mexico, Chile was, you know they associated Chile with the Chile peppers, but then again how many chileans know where the name of our country originated?...
I think ignorence is the worst thing that can happen to anybody; and I can't help to feel sorry about those people, and trying to educate them is the only way I know to promote "my country" although I only lived in Chile for 3 years.
And I can`t disagree more with the statement: "It's just that they don't care. and why they should care anyways? "
I mean give me a break, I care about humanity, I care about culture, I think there are way to many things that divides us as it is, we should try to find out more about each other, know our differences and our similarities, makes us better human beings. I hope thi blogg gets to be read by lots of people and hopefully they'll get interested to know more about Chile and other interesting places...like Laos... for goodness sake just freaking google it....